days until election
Being a town resident for 20 years, my top priority is to protect
the town’s rural ambience with open space, while maintaining the
safety of our town. I will align our town’s management with resident’s
My starting goal, if elected, would be to protect the town’s rural environment and thus our collective property values. My husband and I raised two children who attended Palo Alto Schools. I am passionate about our town.
As a Silicon Valley high-tech veteran, I strive for creative and sustainable solutions. My engineering education has taught me analytical reasoning and logical thought processes. My business management experience helps me understand complex issues and strategic decision making.
I understand the frustration in dealing with government. I will bring to the town my unique perspective.
I look forward to serving our community by asking for your vote.
I want to tell you why I am running and what I will do if I am elected.
There are multiple issues that inspired me to run for the city council, including public safety, airplane noise reduction, pathways, traffic congestion and technology updates. But my top priority is to protect and preserve the rural atmosphere of our town. I believe all our town residents share this common goal. We should prevent overdevelopment and at the same time, reduce the frustration between the builders and the town government.
If I am elected, I will actively handle current issues as well as new issues when they arise. I would like to engage with the town government to proactively handle contentious and complex issues of concerned residents. I will apply my computer technology skills to improve the town's governmental processes as well as our lives at home as well as the town's govermental processes.
Our town’s building processes have not changed in the last 25 years. The current ones are just not efficient. I would like to modernize our planning and building processes by using today's available technologies. I will help to seamlessly integrate newly annexed neighborhoods with Los Altos Hills to create a unified and friendly community.
Last but not least, I want to have a vision for the future of our town. Our town was founded 60 years ago to preserve the rural ambiance. I hope 60 years from now, Los Altos Hills can still pride itself on its beautiful country settings and be a model town for neighboring communities.
I ask for your vote and look forward to serving you. Thank you!
If elected, I will actively follow through on my to-do list below -
1. Protect and preserve the town’s rural ambience, as stated in the town's founding documents, Green Sheets, 60 years ago.
2. Sustain the overall safety of our town - including traffic safety, car safety, bike safety, pedestrian safety, wild animal and domestic animal safety, property safety, fire safety, and natural disaster safety including earthquake preparedness.
3. Maintain existing pathways and open space.
4. Promote Parks and Recreation programs.
5. Alleviate traffic congestion throughout the town.
6. Support existing education systems.
7. Pursue underground utilities, internet access, technology upgrades, energy savings, and water conservation.
8. Resolve current and new issues, including annexation and substandard lot construction.
9. Mediate disputes among neighbors when necessary.
10. Keep communications between town government and neighboring communities' open and aligned.
11. Reduce noise from airplanes, motorcycles, leaf blowers and loud machinery operation.
12. Support climate change mitigation and adaption.
If you have any issues that are not my list, please let me know. I would be happy to consider them.